I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A New Beginning

Tonight was the first night that I got to hang out with my new match for Big Brothers Big Sisters. His name is Isaac and he is in the 7th grade. We weren't exactly sure what we were going to do tonight and he mentioned going to the YMCA. We eventually made our way to the Y and we were shooting hoops.

While shooting hoops, we were approached by some other kids in the gym and they wanted to know if we were interested in playing basketball with them. We ended up playing a 4 on 4 game full court. I would say the oldest kis was maybe 15-16 and most were much younger.

This presented an interesting moral dilemma for me. I was taller than most of the kids, but not all of them. I was easily not as skilled as many of the kids. But...I was stronger than all of them. I had to be careful not to bowl a kid over. So, it was fun and good exercise.

Isaac seems like a good kid. He has lots of interests and he is talkative. It should be fun.

0 comments: