I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Power of Packer Games

I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers. I enjoy watching their football games. Unlike the Brewers and Bucks, I am not a fair-weather fan. I have watched the Packers both when they have been good and when they've been terrible.

As a member of our church choir, we have sometimes done a special Christmas Cantata concert in December. When we schedule this concert, we were very conscious about making sure that it was not scheduled during a Packer game. One time, they scheduled it during a game and their attendance was way down.

Not necessarily being in a position before where I needed to schedule events, I now think about Packer games when I schedule anything. In fact, The minute the Packer schedule comes out, I add it to my Palm so that I don't schedule anything over it.

What are your thoughts? Should you schedule (or re-schedule) an event because it would conflict with a Packer game?

0 comments: