I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Uncertainty

Among the many great tings that come with being an RHD, I have always appreciated the fact that I have some real job security. I feel like I do the RHD job pretty well, so I don't fear losing my job anytime soon. In my first few years as an RHD, it felt good to be settled into a job and not think about moving somewhere in a year or two.

I now find myself in the same situation I was in my last year on both graduate school and undergraduate. There is some uncertainty about where I am going to be next year. I may be back in the same position I have now. I may be in another residence hall. I may be a pastor at a church either part time or full time. I may do none of the above and do something else until I get a better sense of what the future holds.

Unlike the other two times, I don't look to the future with a great deal of fear. Something will work out and I will find gainful employment. If anything, I am excited to discover where I will end up. My gut tells me that I need a change in my career path, but I don't know for sure when that will be happening.

If you want the latest information, this is where you are going to get it.

0 comments: