I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

One-Eighty

Christa and I have decided that during the spring semester we are going to branch out and try some different churches with different worship styles. I have seen advertisements in the Union for the One-Eighty service. I have had residents talk about positive experiences at the service. We decided to check it out this Sunday.

Christa and I were both pretty impressed with the sermon. He used a PowerPoint presentation to guide those watching and also had one clear message. He also based a sermon series on Nehemiah, which I thought was pretty cool. Everyone there was very friendly and we were greeted by multiple individuals both before and after the service.

They definitely use a very contemporary style of worship, where Christa and I are looking for something of a fusion of both traditional and contemporary worship. I do think this service would be seen as being great by college students. I encourage you to at least check it out.

They worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM in the Reeve Ballroom.

0 comments: