I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wesley Foundation at UW Oshkosh?

My prayers have often steered lately to where God is calling me to minister. Does God call me to be a pastor of a church?

Yesterday, I drove my Disciple Bible Study with the leader of the study who is also a pastor at Waukau United Methodist Church. At a recent circuit meeting, they have talked about the possibility of starting up a Wesley Foundation on the UW Oshkosh campus. He and I talked briefly, but the idea stuck in my head.

How cool would it be to start a Wesley Foundation here? The pastor of my church said you better be careful, you may create an appointment for yourself ;).

It would, however, be a neat possibility. To continue working on a college campus, but now with an opportunity to join with students in ministry.

I feel called to explore this possibility. I feel called to see if there is student interest in getting this started. What would they like to see? How would they like to organize? Hopefully, things may take off!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Considering you've been drawn to working with youth in general since you got to college (you started in Music Ed, right?), perhaps something like this is right in your wheelhouse and would be a better fit for you than taking on a parish.

Safe to assume that the Wesley Foundation is the Methodist equivalent of what I know as the Newman Center(s)?