I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Mediation on the Road

Christa had mentioned to her cooperating teacher that I attended a mediation training a few weeks ago. Her cooperating teacher is currently teaching an elective course for the 6th graders about mediation. Thus, I got recruited to come in as a guest speaker to talk about my experience.

I wasn't really thinking in advance having already committed to taking a staff member's duty night on Sunday. In bed by 12:30 AM and up by 5:45 AM. Sweet!

Having done presentation for college students over the last eight years, it was quite a switch to speak to 6th graders. I often had to catch myself and not use some pretty complex words. Otherwise, Christa was very helpful in bridging the gap to where they were at.

Hopefully they learned something and it was an interesting way to start the week.

0 comments: