I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Munich

Christa and I watched Munich last night. Wow...that was a very powerful movie. I don't want to reveal too much of the plot, but it was not what she and I were expecting.

The movie actually portrays the response of Israel the deaths of eleven Israeli at the Olympics in Munich, Germany in 1972. I thought the movie was going to cover the Munich incident. Instead it covers a small group's missions to get back to at those who planned the attack.

The movie was very well done and really sucks you in. The acting is incredible and the dialogue is quite good. That being said, the movie is difficult to watch. It is bloody, but I suppose that is to be expected. What was really difficult to watch was how futile their efforts were. Despite fulfilling their missions, it was counteracted by the other side with more death.

I would recommend this movie, but beware...it will leave you somewhat speechless when it is over.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, the portrayl by the actors is amazing as they cope with what they are doing.