I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, April 03, 2009

The Shack

Last night, I finished reading The Shack.

I had heard a lot of folks in my church talking about what a wonderful book it was and when our Lenten book study was going to be about The Shack, I had my chance.

Overall, it is an interesting book. It is the story of a man's visit with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. In his meeting with them, he works through the pain and sadness associated with a tragedy in his family.

My largest gripe with the book is its political slant. It is interesting to see the characterization of God that the author uses, one that is quite liberal. Patriotism is looked down on. Any kind of power is looked down on. Weapons are evil.

The leader of our book study commented about how the author definitely studied his bible. I would agree that there is a biblical context in the book. I do question some of the components of the theology outlined in the book. Even if you don't agree, it's still interesting to read and debate.

If you are curious to find out more information about the book or the causes that have stemmed from it, please go to there website found here.

0 comments: