I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Relay for Life

I was planning on participating in Bowl for Kid's Sake this semester. Unfortunately, my team for this event did not materialize. I decided that I would concentrate my efforts on an event that I have participated in three times before, Relay for Life.

There are Relay for Life events throughout the United States. They raise money for cancer research through the work of the American Cancer Society. I participated in one event at Western Illinois and have participated in the first two Relay for Lifes that have been hosted at the UW Oshkosh campus. These events present an opportunity to honor those that lost the fight with cancer, those that survived their fight with cancer, and those that want to help and find a cure.

I would appreciate your help and your donation for the Webster Hall team. There are 16 of us and each of us needs to fundraise for the event. Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.

If you would be so gracious as to donate, you can go here. Otherwise, just shoot me a message over Facebook.

0 comments: