I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Vacation Review

My three days removed from the rigors of work was most welcome. I will admit that it has made it difficult to transition back into the work environment. I do think that I more productive than usual because of the break. I would like to review a few highlights from the weekend:
  • We visited the Mars Cheese Castle on our way down to Gurnee. This was not an anticipated stop, but we bought some great cheese and a new beverage. If you like good ginger ale, you'll love this!
  • Gurnee Mills is just a big mall. Not that exciting.
  • Christa and I bowled at a bowling alley in Waukegan, IL that had 40 lanes!
  • We waited in line 45 minutes to get into the Shedd Aquarium. It was well worth it to Christa, who easily took over 200 pictures.
  • On the way back we stopped at the Jelly Belly factory. We bought a bag of Belly Flops, failed jelly beans that still taste good.
  • Once we got home, we watched Twilight. Wow...that movie is awful.
  • The next day we watched Defending Your Life. Much better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah, memories of my sweet hometown. :) You probably hit the 2 out of the 3 exciting bits about Ktown! :) Glad you picked up some belly flops. They're amazing!