I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Message

It's about 8:25 am on the morning of Easter and I am on my way to church. As I make my way down the hallway out of Breese, I see the following statement on my door, "Great job! Now when I turn on the water, it scorches my skin". I have my suspicions about who wrote this, but I will let them stay in anonymity.

Backstory: A few days this week, the hot water in Breese Hall was not working. A few residents expressed this concern, so I notified the proper individuals to remedy the problem. It would also be good to know that when there aren't many people in the building and the water sits in the heating tanks, it just gets hotter. Thus, on Easter weekend, with next to no one here, the water got really warm.

So, to be honest, that statement got to me a lot less than it would have in the past, but it is still hard to take, because no matter what you do sometimes, someone will always find something wrong in it.

2 comments:

Randy E. said...

(Just a random blog-surfing passerby...)

Sounds like there's more quirks with those water heaters than with anything else, but I'm just thinking out loud from 1000+ miles away, so what do I know? Still, I can remember oddball stuff like that happening at my school 3 years ago, so you're certainly not the only one. Maybe just post someplace about how the heaters work and let the students know that this stuff happens occasionally and that your on it?

Worry about it of course, but just don't take it personally.

stephiepointer said...

I feel ya buddy - that is life with college students! :)