I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, April 03, 2006

The "Sweet and Sour Chicken" Effect

As I am writing this entry, I am about to head for lunch. The Blackhawk menu today has sloppy joes...mmm, exciting. All I can think about is how hungry I am for Jumbo Seafood. Oh well, I guess I always have a hamburger or a grilled cheese sandwich although it will not be the same.

So, one day I look at the menu for dinner and it says that there will be "Sweet and Sour Chicken Effect." at the International Station. I am very excited because I like sweet and sour chicken and sounded very appetizing. I had my own vision of what it was going to be, mostly influenced by experiences in restaurants. Upon entering Blackhawk and I was given my two ladles full of sweet and sour chicken and it was pretty disgusting. This extreme let down between what I would expect and what I receive is called the "Sweet and Sour Chicken Effect."

I have to learn to lower my standards for foods that I would otherwise think would be really tasty!

0 comments: