I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Wheel of Bureaucracy

There are times when I really love working for a University. I was informed by a resident that there was a leak in the basement laundry room. The leak wasn't too bad, but it would obviously need to be fixed. So, the phone calls began.

Phone Call 1 (Residence Life Facilities) - In this conversation, the individual I talked to said that she could have someone come to clean up the mess, but she would be unable to have a plumber come over. To accomplish that, I would need to contact the University Police to have someone brought it.

Phone Call 2 (University Police) - I call the University Police. They tell me that I have to call facilities because it is still business hours. I am perplexed because it is past hours...I bring this up, but she insists I need to call University Facilities.

Phone Call 3 (University Facilities) - Nope...I need to call the UP. I explain how that went the first time and the response was, "They are so full of shit". Priceless! She talks to her supervisor to figure out what to do, and indeed I am to call the UP to have someone come in. She calls over there to make sure they know I am calling.

Phone Call 4 (University Police Redux) - They know I am calling and they say they will sned someone over once I tell them where to go. Huzzah!

They didn't take too much work, did it?

0 comments: