I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Mark, my 1st floor CA, told me about a game that I would really like...it's called The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is a role-playing game, and unique to many of the RPGs I have played before. I resisted for as long as possible, but I picked up the game a couple weeks ago and I have already put about 20 hours into the game thus far. Here is what I really like about the game:
  • Experience - In most RPGs, you gain experience based on the creatures that you kill. in Oblivion, your character has seven major skills (blade, light armor, spells, etc). When you use these skills, they improve. When you improve 10 levels in these skills, you go up a level. It is a new and refreshing way to level.
  • Versatility - This game is wide open in terms of the path you choose. You can pick from a large variety of quests and do them in any order you want. If you are stuck on one quest line, you can move to another and then you will unlock more quests. It is impossible to get bored...there is always something new. I have around 10 open quests at the moment.
  • Alignment - Along with quest versatility, there is also character versatility. If you want to be "evil", you can. You can steal, kill innocents, be part of the dark brotherhood and run around with a bounty on your head. You can be nice and do all things lawful. Everything has a rating.
I would recommend checking this game out for your XBox 360. It is pretty sweet and quite addicting. I am resisting the urge to play right now.

0 comments: