I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Results

I finished! I checked the website yesterday afternoon and the final time was:

1 hour, 49 minutes, 13 seconds

My goal was to run the race in under two hours, so I feel good about my pacing and my effort in the 13.1 mile event.

The secret for me was to start slow in the beginning to get warmed and as the race went on I was able to increase my pace and pick people off as I made my way through the field. I could tell that my mile splits were getting faster and faster as I went along.

It was great to have Christa and my Dad there for the race. I saw them at the 5-mile mark and at the end of the race. I saw various folks that I knew during the race including Petra, who was around mile 4.

Now I need to look for the next race in which to participate. They are great motivators!

1 comments:

Hal and Anna said...

Congrats Jim! Great time. Now, would the "next race" you are looking for be a full marathon or you looking to stay at or below the half marathon?

October 7 is the Twin Cities Marathon (and also a 10 mile run).

www.silentsports.net has a lot of information on races in the midwest.