I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Running Away

As I was playing Oblivion last night, I came upon an interesting realization. As with any game, the more you play it the more you realize the subtle nuances and the easier it is to be more efficient in your playing. That has been the case. I have discovered that sometimes the best strategy for survival in this game is to run away.

Now, the game won't necessarily let you run away from creatures...they will keep going after you. What I mean is that instead of going in with guns blazing, you go in with a hit and back off plan. This allows you to re-group and plan your next strategy. On a gaming level, I can cast spells on a creature and stay out of attacking range or I can heal my character to get ready for the next round.

This seems to go against our common perceptions of facing life. Instead of always needing to go in right away and get it done right away, there is something to be said for taking things ins chunks or taking care of what is reasonable and knowing that the rest of it can get done later. Sometimes it is OK to run away :).

I realize my posts of been erratic lately. I am trying to make a commitment to post more often. I also want my posts to be more meaningful. Some of them have really stunk lately.

0 comments: