I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Reading Update

A few months ago, I mentioned that I began reading the Left Behind series. I had no idea that the series had been out for so long. It shows you how out of the Christian loop I have been for awhile. Needless to say, I finished the fifth book in series on Sunday night. I have seven of them to go. It is a very compelling series and I am interested to see how it keeps going. I will talk more about these books when I have read them all...that may take a little while.

Since I did not get a chance to get to our church to get the sixth book, I began reading Bill O'Reilly's Culture Warrior. A few years ago I read Who's Looking Out For You? and I found the book very interesting. What I appreciate about O'Reilly is that he does not make issues a matter of liberal vs. conservative or Republican vs. Democrat. In his latest book, O'Reilly looks at secular humanism vs. traditionalists. From what I've read so far, he is worried that secular humanism will ruin the fabric of our nation.

I would definitely agree with him on that point. We'll see how much I agree with in the meat of his book. When I'm done with him, I'll be moving back sixth book in the story of those left behind: Assassins.

0 comments: