I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Busy Weekend #1: Fall Fest/Oshcon

It was nice to have my parents visit this weekend. We went out to Red Robin for burgers. I had a bacon cheeseburger...so good. I also took my parents to the Oshkosh Public Museum. They were impressed with the exhibits, but more so by a well-kept old house that housed the exhibits. After this weekend, my weekends are filled for the next month or so.

This weekend is both Fall Fest and Oshcon. For Fall Fest, I will be volunteering at the 2nd annual Dragon Boat races. In the evening, I will be running a 1st Edition AD&D adventure on Saturday night at OshCon. If you want to know a little bit about what I am basing the adventure on, check here.

So, I'll be busy and I'll be spending much free time this week getting the adventure ready. Wow...that was a lot of hyperlinks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a related topic, I'm listening to streamingsoundtracks.com at work, and this song comes up that makes me say to myself, "This sounds like some 'battle music' from a PS1-or-2 Final Fantasy game..."

So I check the playlist, and sure enough: "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Baljhet Mountains"

... that's right-- video game score lumped in with the likes of John Williams, Danny Elfman, James Horner, et al.

Jim Droste said...

Ouch.

Hal and Anna said...

So, one of my students today told me that because I play Fantasy Sports, I'm basically a "jock gamer". Would you agree with this statement?

Jim Droste said...

I'm not sure I know what that means...

...but it sounds cool. So, yeah, I agree with that statement.