I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Now I Know How CAs Feel

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, this weekend was OshCon. I had an event scheduled for 6:00 PM this past Saturday. I spent about four hours putting together eight characters for the adventure and took about two hours to put the adventure together. I got to the River Center and checked in. The guys at the check-in booth made mention of the fact that there were a couple folks that were inquiring about my adventure. Sweet!

I got there about thirty minutes early to unpack and get things ready. It got to be around five minutes before 6:00 and there wasn't anyone there. I held out hope, but alas no one showed up to my event. All the hours of preparation, for nothing.

As my CA in the FVTC program said, this happens to hall staff all the time. He's right. I suppose the experience was helpful in that sense. Oh well...perhaps next year will be better?

Other Weekend News
  • The Badgers barely, barely won. They are 4-0 but continue to hang out at No. 9 in the polls.
  • The Packers won a game that I thought they were going to lose. In fact, I thought they were going to get blown out. Wow. Maybe this team is for real. They play the Vikings in Minnesota which is always dicey for the Packers. If they can pull that off, this team really is for real.
  • The Brewers...well, it was fund while it lasted. Oh well.

0 comments: