I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ministry Candidate Update

I just wanted to keep everyone posted on my pursuit of candidacy for the Methodist ministry. I managed to take a few steps forward. I have received my candidacy guidebook and will begin meetings with my candidacy mentor. We will likely be meeting regularly over the fall semester. When that is completed, I can move on toward finalizing my candidacy.

As part of the process up until now, I needed to take an on-line inventory that rated my interests in lots of different areas, ministry and otherwise. I will eventually get to see the results and I am curious as to what the inventory says about me.

I also had to complete a 4-page personal background that needed to be completed by my first meeting with my mentor. They don't mess around with this sheet. They ask about religious experiences, work experiences, educational experiences, criminal background, rationale for exploring ministry, spouse's thoughts, and many other things. I got me thinking about things, both good and bad, that I have not thought about in many years.

I am excited for my first candidacy mentor meeting...which is tomorrow!

0 comments: