I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Favre Retires

For a few years now, I wondered how I would react when Favre decided that he was going to retire. I am sad to see him go because he had an amazing career with three MVP awards and one Superbowl ring. He had a revitalized season last year where he made it to the Pro Bowl when many thought (including me) that he was washed up.

But, I also believe this is the best for the Packer organization. Eventually, the team needed to rebuild around a quarterback who was going to be around for the long haul. This team is young and talented and I think Favre was becoming more and more out of place with this team.

Watching the Packers this upcoming season won't quite be the same. Thankfully, we will be spared with the constant statistics about how many games in a row Favre has played or how many QBs have taken snaps for Chicago during Favre's tenure with the Packers. But, I will miss his great plays...and his stupid plays..but always appreciated knowing we weren't out of a game if Favre was in there.

Best of luck, Brett! You have given the state of Wisconsin and the NFL many happy memories. I look forward to five years from now when you are a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Who will give your induction speech?

0 comments: