I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, March 07, 2008

How Things Change

Last night, my friend Peter and I went out for late dinner and drinks. It gave us an opportunity to catch up; it had been awhile. Later in the evening, Peter brought out two decks of cards...they were Magic: The Gathering cards.

I don't get the chance to play Magic much anymore for several reasons. One, I don't know all that many people around here that play it (or would admit to playing it). Two, i can get expensive because the game is constantly bring out new editions and new themes to supplement their cards.

I won't take complete credit, but my friend Nick and I showed Peter Magic and he got into it with us. BY the time we got out is was around 1999 or so. But it's kept going. They are up to 10th edition...I remember 6th edition being about when I stopped.

Peter and I had a lot of fun looking at abilities we had never heard of and trying to figure out combos that we didn't know existed. I am hoping that we'll be able to try it again.

1 comments:

Jason said...

Check out this funny D&D-related strip in XKCD:
http://xkcd.com/393/

Good times...