I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Few Things I Attended...

My Tuesday was significantly more busy than usual yesterday. Isaac, my BBBS little brother, had his last wrestling meet yesterday and I wanted to be there. Unfortunately, it was not his best effort. He had two matches and lost them both. He did, however, win a Saturday city-wide tournament for his weight class, so that was pretty cool. It was interesting to see what wrestling is like on the middle school level. The weight classes show such a difference. Some of the six graders were so tiny and some of the older students already had some impressive muscle growth. I suppose that's why they have weight classes.

I put together a music program for the students of FVTC that live in GCC. Three people showed up...they were all staff. I did appreciate the support, but it still stings to have no residents come to a program.

Argelia also presented a program about her home country of Honduras. It was interesting to learn more about the country and more about her background. It was also cool to see some 1st floor residents there. I think Argelia is starting to build a nice community on the floor!

0 comments: