I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day is Over

The administrators at UW Oshkosh can now breathe...St. Patrick's Day is over. I think there was a lot of concern about what might happen if UW Oshkosh did not have their spring break over St. Patrick's Day. As the Webster staff member on duty last night, things in Webster were remarkably quiet. This does not mean people weren't partying. It simply means that most people went to off-campus parties or to the bars. The hordes of people dressed in green and dressed in "party wear" made it clear to me that there weren't all that many people in the building to generate noise.

It does make you wonder though, what excuse do college students really need to drink? Not much...I suppose. I highly doubt a large percentage of our students are Irish in ancestry. I suppose it's more about free, green beer and the opportunity to avoid the thought of exams and homework...the real reason they are at school.

I just hope everyone was safe last night. Any evening I see students getting ready to go out, I am most concerned about their safety. I worry that they might be taken advantage of or go home with someone they don't even know. It's not a matter of getting people into trouble. It's a matter of making sure my residents stay safe.

0 comments: