I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Shamrock Shuffle

I completed the Shamrock Shuffle today. It was a 5k run/walk held on campus. It is in its first year. The weather was a little chilly, especially given the nice weather we have had the last few days. Yet, it was a good day to run. I wish I had been a little more conscious of pre-race routine. I did get a good night's rest, but I did not hydrate well before the race and I also didn't have little something to eat before the race either.

I finished the race in 23 minutes and 22 seconds. It's not what I was hoping for, but in the end I feel as though I did pretty well. It does mean that I am on pace for the half marathon in April. I have no worries about that. It was a little sad to think that there was a time when I ran a 5K in a little over 18 minutes. I look forward to future 5Ks this year. I hope I can slowly bring that time down.

The running will continue on Monday. I will appreciate a few days rest. My legs are killing me!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If it wasn't for being committed to running already, I'd suggest getting off your feet and getting on a bike - your knees will thank you... ;)