I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 26, 2009

2001

The streaming videos available through NetFlix have been a wonderful addition to the Droste household and it has allowed us to indulge in our love of movies. I added 2001: A Space Odyssey to the list. I had yet to see the entire movie and had heard some very positive reviews.

Yes, this movie was amazing...in 1968. The visuals are quite stunning and his use of music is well-timed. It also depicts a very interesting concept of what the future would be like. Too bad we didn't advance that far by 2001.

Unfortunately, with the technology and effects now, the movie just looks dated. It leaves you with a lot to think about, but that wasn't enough to carry the film. It is also paced incredibly slow, with certain scenes taking way to long to develop. I guess I am a product of a different generation that does not appreciate this film the way it should be.

I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

0 comments: