I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Sacred Hoops

I finished reading Sacred Hoops today. It is by Phil Jackson, current coach of the LA Lakers in the NBA and coach of the Bulls when they won their six NBA Championships. It is an interesting look into the behind the scenes drama of the Bulls rise to prominence with Michael Jordan. It is also interesting to learn about Jackson' coaching methods. We had an interesting way of weaving Christianity into the Zen Buddhism. He was raised Pentecostal, and rejected some of the more regimented parts of the faith, but he does not abandon it. His philosophies are quite interesting and applicable in any field. I read through it quite quickly as it was very interesting. I recommend you give it a try.

0 comments: