I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Speed Racer

What can I say? I enjoyed this movie. The critics took some opportunities to malign this movie and rate it pretty low. Two of my staff members recommended it to me, as well as other friends. Deep down, I wanted to see it, but felt somewhat embarrassed given the general reaction to the movie.

It was actually a lot of fun and there were three moments where I busted out laughing. It's visually stunning and it has some great actors in it. The plot moves pretty quickly and it keeps your attention. I'd recommend you see it. Just keep in mind that this movie isn't gonna win any Oscars. It's just a fun movie.

1 comments:

CopperPenny said...

I loved Speed Racer, it ended up being my favorite movie of the year. Now that it's out on DVD/Blu-ray, it's nice to see people finally giving this overlooked gem a chance.