I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Car Update


For your viewing pleasure, this was the view from the Ohio I-90 rest stop as I waited for Chris to pick me up when the tow truck dropped me off.

Well, after many phone calls and much frustration, my car is finally fixed. When I chatted with Kyle from the Westville Hwy 6 Auto Shop, the total cost for fixing my vehicle will be $908.00. This will not include the gas and tolls it will take to go down and get the vehicle. Originally, I was under the impression that the catalytic convertor would just need to be replaced. It turns out that after further inspection, the entire exhaust system needed to be replaced.

I was very frustrated the entire week because I felt like I was really left in the dark about what was wrong with my car and how much it cost. I had to contact them over and over to get any idea what was going on with my car. Needless to say, I expressed to the owner of the shop my frustrations about their poor communication. It turns out that the owner was gone for the week and the person left in charge was not necessarily all that experienced. After expressing my concerns, I sensed that what was fixed needed fixing. I will be picking up my car a week from today. Good times!

Better News

In better news, I received a call from the District Superintendent for our church. Despite the constant calling from various members of the congregation asking me to move faster on our church concerns, I am holding fast to our process. Jorge, the DS, said that I should keep going with how I am going and make sure that I do not let others sway me from the process.

So, only time will tell how all of this church business goes down. It has been tough so far.

The picture here is of a grotto with candles where folks at Notre Dame can light candles and say prayers. It is a beautiful sight.

0 comments: