I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

South Bend Update #1

Well, usually I would start a post like this by saying, "I got to [insert location] safely". Unfortunately, I can not say that this time. About twenty miles outside of South Bend, my car started to decelerate to 60 miles an hour no matter what I did. After pulling over and restarting my car, if I ever tried to accelerate it made an eery sound in the rear left tire. I called AAA and after holding for 30 or so minutes, they said someone would come to tow my car. After waiting 30 minutes for the tow truck to come, Jason (the very nice tow truck driver) dropped me off at the nearest toll way oasis where Chris picked me up.

They are going to need to replace my catalytic convertor which should be around $200. Including labor, I can only imagine how much that will be. The key is that it won't be fixed until at least Monday and I have to be back in Oshkosh for work at 6pm. So...I am having Chris drive me to Milwaukee tomorrow so that Christa can take be back to Oshkosh. It will probably be 1-2 weeks before I will have the time to go back to Indiana to pick up my car.

It has been great to see Chris and catch up, but this whole situation has made the weekend difficult.

0 comments: