I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th Thoughts

I had a great time at Christa's aunts house. They live a few blocks away from a large lake and I had the opportunity to ride in their boat, swim in their pool, play over two hours of "spoons", and enjoy a brat and an Italian sausage. It was a good day. I had plenty of oppportunities for random thoughts and reflections. A few highlights:
  • We do not allow people to drink and drive. However, we do allow people to drink and boat. Is not this still a hazard? I can't be the only that feels this way.
  • It is interesting to reflect back on high school and realize how much emphasis is placed on status, especially based on your grade level (sophomore, junior, etc.). As a sophomore, when I had the chance to date a junior I felt like I had been lifted completely out of my social standing in high schoo. It is just not the came in a college environment.

0 comments: