I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Broadcasting From a Remote Location

As I type these words, I am sitting at the computer at my pastor's home in Oshkosh, WI. He and his family have left for the weekend, and I am watching the house and taking care of buddy, their dog. In some ways, I am treating this weekend like a retreat. I have work to do and much of it will probably best be done in quiet and tranquility, which I will have for much of the weekend. The tasks that require my attention?

This Sunday's Homily
As will now be the tradition for three years, I have led the church service at First Oshkosh on Memorial Day weekend. Everyone else has plans, and I'm always around so I can usually step up. Of all the times I've done this, I feel the least nervous about this Sunday. I think the previous times I've tried too hard and this time I'm coming at the word of God from my level instead of pretending to be sophisticated and deep. I think it will be more meaningful for the congregation and more meaningful for me. We shall see.

The Continuing Ministry Process
For those that have read the blog for awhile, you know about my contemplation of the Methodist ministry. The next stage of the process involves a discussion with my pastor about a book entitled The Christian as Minister. Steve is having me write down some points from the book that cane spearhead a discussion. I hoping that I can hand this to him upon his return on Monday.

Wedding Tasks
As always, I will need to spend some time working on stuff related to the wedding. I have updated the guest list, have worked on getting the word out about the wedding to members of the church and have a few tasks to work on this weekend as well.

Video Games
I am also hoping to get some quality gaming in. I would say that gaming isn't quite the same when you don't have surround sound and you are playing on a 17" TV monitor. I will try to manage. ;)

Last Thought
Overall, I realize that I am trying a little too hard with this blog. It is interesting to see the cycles that have occurred. It took we many tries (and failed blogs) to finally post consistently. Once I had that down, I thought it would be good to post every day. Little did I realize that my life is not always exciting enough to post every day. So, I am hoping to find a happy medium as this point. I would like to post regularly, but it won't mean every day anymore. (Sorry to disappointment my loyal readers...all 10 of you. :) )

0 comments: