I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ok, I'll Admit It...

...I am a fair weather fan of the Brewers. This team is 17-9 and playing entertaining baseball. They lead their division and are among the top teams in baseball. How could you not be excited about this team?

I will admit that I have been, at best, a casual fan of the Brewers for much of my life. I could tell you starting line-ups each year and could hold a reasonably detailed conversation about the Brewers. If the game in on the radio, I'll listen in. If the game is on TV and I'm at home, I'll watch. But, when you lose...a lot...it's hard to stay motivated as a fan. The Bucks and Packers have had success in the last ten years, the Brewers have not.

When the Brewers are on Monday Night Baseball of ESPN and are getting leading articles on ESPN.com you know that your team is relevant right now. You have more of a desire to care. So, I'll admit it, I am a fair weather fan.

I will be going to the game this Friday against the Pittsburgh Pirates. I am taking my parents and Christa to the game. I have horrible luck with attending Brewers games. They usually lose when I am there...just ask Jason Bock about that. Hopefully, my luck changes.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Dammit, Jim-- *I'M* going to that game...

*sigh* Ah, well.

Jim Droste said...

Well, be prepared to watch a losing effort live and in person.

I will make sure to clear all future games with you in the future.