I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Softball Season 2

Thanks to Thomas Pedersen, I have been asked to join his men's softball team for the summer. Nothing can beat my perfect season (0-17) last summer, but I have the opportunity to try things out with a new team. Our first game last Monday was rained out, but today the nasty weather seemed to go around us and the game was on.

I knew a few folks on the team besides Thomas. DJ, Shane Leach and Rich Scott were the other folks that I knew. Otherwise, it was a bunch of people that I did not know. They seemed very nice, but I did not necessarily feel a connection to the team. They have all played together before, so it will probably take a little time to get into the flow.

I played in right field which is probably a good spot for me. Not too many balls hit my way, but the ones that were I caught :). I proved that I have speed on my side. I ran out a single my second at bat. I accidentally overran third on my first at bat...too fast.

In what became a popular segment last year, I will continue to keep you posted on my results playing in weekly softball games on Monday night.

Games

At Bat

Runs

Hits

2B

3B

HR

RBI

AVG

OBP

1

3

0

2

0

0

0

0

.666

.666


Other News
Christa and I had our second meeting with our pastor regarding the wedding and marriage. He gave us a nice to do list for this week. We also had a good, heart-felt chat about where we were at. I know I am feeling better about the wedding preparation.

0 comments: