I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Apartment Cleaning

Why is Jim posting at 7:45 am this morning? Well, I stayed over at Christa's last night (*gasp*) because the floater custodians were coming over to my building at 6:00 am to begin cleaning my apartment. Yes, you read that right. Each year, he have the opportunity to have custodians come into our apartments and do the following:
  • steam clean all of our furniture
  • shampoo all carpeting
  • wax all tile floors
  • clean all windows
  • powerwash the bathtub
This is now the third year that I have had the opportunity to do this and it is wonderful. What a benefit that I will not have in the future. Knowing that the cleaning folks would come right at 6:00 am and I would need to pick up things in the apartment before they arrived, I decided it would be best if I prepped the apartment the night before and simply found another place to stay. I will also be out of town for the weekend giving anything that needs to dry plenty of time to do so.

It's not the most exciting thing to post about, but I am really impressed by the fact that we receive this service.

2 comments:

stephiepointer said...

I am so jealose!!!!

Hal and Anna said...

In addition to the Point peeps, the Platteville RDs are jealous as well...