I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Exodus International

In a Facebook cycle of links, I found myself at the Exodus International Website. I checked the everytitan.com website, which eventually took me to the Exodus website. Essentially this website is supposed to serve as a way for those identifying as homosexual to follow a path out through God. On the outset, I struggled with the background of this website...it essentially says that homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God. I do not believe this. However, I do appreciate the fact that there my be people who are again questioning their identity and they may appreciate the opportunity to talk to someone. Unfortunately, the counseling services offered by this group would be one-sided. I am curious to know what is out that their that allows for open religious counseling about thosw who may simply be questioning their sexual identity. I am certain it is not Homosexuals Anonymous.

Ugh...to be a Methodist and see stuff like this is very disheartening as a Christian.

0 comments: