I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Salem State College

At the NACURH 2006 conference, it was announced that Salem State College won the School of the Year award. As was said during the speech before the unveiling of the award, it is the highest award that a school can earn. I was very, very excited for Mathew Chetnik, Kathy Neville and the staff of Salem State College. They do some great work and I appreciate the fact that they were rewarded for it. I was honored to have an opportunity to work with Mathew and Kathy as part of an ACUHO-I summer internship. Both of them were excellent supervisors and I gained some great skills that I was able to apply to both my graduate school work as well as my work as a Residence Hall Director at UW Oshkosh. It is also exciting because Jayme Gaffke, who was once an Assistant Residence Hall Director at UW-OShkosh is now a hall director there.

0 comments: