I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Done With Da Vinci Code

May 30, 2006 – I am writing this first entry from Towle Hall in Berkeley, California. We officially got into our rooms at 5:00 pm Pacific time or around 7:00 pm in Wisconsin. It was quite a day. We left from Oshkosh to leave for a flight to Minneapolis. From there we flew to San Francisco. From there we took an hour long subway trip to a stop on the subway where vans took us the remaining few miles to the Berkeley campus. It made for a lot of sitting, but also a lot of walking. I was able to get in a good two hours of solid music listening (including some recent I-Tunes downloads) as well as the opportunity to finish The Da Vinci Code.

I read the first 150 pages of the book in one sitting…I was completely into the book. I was really impressed with the clues and how the book unfolded. Unfortunately, I let the hype of the book/movie ruin it for me because I watched a History Channel special which revealed the secret of the Da Vinci code. So, what was probably meant to be the climax of the book was actually a little disappointing.

0 comments: