I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Profession of People

Today begins a two camp stint in Breese Hall over the next two weeks. It is easy for me to look on the bad side of the summer conferences. After all, I found a sign on my car saying that if I didn't move my car from my own parking space that it would be towed at my expense. *sigh* Couple that with issuing 3 parking tickets and having my office dry erase board ruined last year and you can say that I am not always a fan of the summer conference season here at UW Oshkosh.

However, there is something to be said for having people in the building. The last week has been rather strange with it empty. I have appreciated the silence for sleep purposes, but often my motivation was low and I think it was because there was no one in the buliding. When you live in a building with 220 residents 9 months of the year you get used to it. Even as an introvert, I know that I gain motivation and inspiration for my job from the people in the building. So, it is nice to have things back to "normal".

0 comments: