I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

X Men: The Last Stand

Christa went home for the weekend and I really had the desire to see a movie. I have seen plenty of movies by myself, despite the social connotations that might be associated with it. It still seems funny to be engaged to someone and still see a movie alone. Oh well...I went and saw X Men: The Last Stand. Let's look at the movie this way.

What I Liked: I really enjoyed the new characters that were added. I especially liked Kelsey Grammar playing the role of "Beast". I also thought they did an "Ocean's 11"-like job of giving all of the major characters a decent amount of screen time. I thought the action sequences were incredible and overall there was a pretty decent story line.

What I Didn't Like: For a 1 hour and 45 minute film, it seemed very busy. With all the characters and subplots, I felt like the movie could have been longer and more developed. It seemed like many doors were open and they needed to be closed quickly.

Overall: It was an entertaining movie, what I would expect from a summer blockbuster. Grade: B.

0 comments: