I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, June 02, 2006

NACURH Update 2

June 1, 2006 – I am sitting at the computer at 12:43 p.m. Pacific Time and we got back from lunch. The NACURH 2007 bid team just presented this morning and they were phenomenal. It is hard to encapsulate my thoughts at this moment. I am proud on many levels, but what is most satisfying is that they presented a strong bid, gave a flawless presentation and answered the Q&A session very, very well. From a sports perspective, they left it all out on the court and there is nothing more that they can do. It is out of our hands now and we will need to wait until Saturday.

On a different level, I was very impressed with the excitement and emotion that this group of students (and advisors) has shown for this process. Regardless of the outcome, they really accomplished something here, and even for the brief amount of time that I helped out, I am proud to be a part of this process.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On an interesting side note, during one of the rehearsals, Peter thought it would be good for the bid team to know about our advising experience in case they were asked a question about it. It is pretty crazy if you broke down the conferences we have attended, the awards we have won and the organizations that we have advised. I am pretty excited for the opportunity to possibly co-advise the NACURH 2007 conference with Peter.

2 comments:

Hal and Anna said...

Good luck with the bid!

stephiepointer said...

Congrats again on winning the bid! I hope I can attend next NACURH! YAY! As long as there is no eatting by the Fox River! :) JK! It was good to see you and catch up. Take care, I am sure I will be calling you for WURHA advise sooner than later. :)