I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bonus Move-In Day; Other News

My fellow Residence Hall Directors are all to familiar with the move-in day or days that occur in the fall semester. I get to have a bonus move-in day for the summer. As I write to you, students for both Project Success and the Titan Advantage Program are checking into Webster Hall. So far they both seem like great groups. I know the staff is excited to have them arrive and I am, too. It will be nice to get back into a work routine. It's been way too long since I posted, so I'll highlight a few things that have happened over the last few days:
  • You have no doubt heard about the flooding in Oshkosh. In Webster Hall, we had 3/4 inch of standing water throughout the basement by the end of the night. It smells something awful down there, but the staff were able to move most valuables to higher ground. We are currently waiting for a restoration team to go through and sanitize the basement. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it was nuts. River Center had nine foot floods in their offices. Christa's office was completely destroyed. Algoma Blvd. and High Ave. were completely underwater around campus. I walked over Peal Ave. and the water went up to my knee! Things are much better now, but on Thursday evening, 75% of roads in Oshkosh were closed.
  • Christa happened upon a nest of baby bunnies that were in the middle of the flood and happened to rescue one. With a shoe box and a heat pack, the rabbit survived the night and was taken to an area pet shop. "Noah" is doing well, both eating and drinking. Christa will be stopping in for periodic check-ups.
  • Our Wednesday softball team got destroyed again 21-3. The last few games have been tough. I was on first base and didn't mind too much. The team we played was good at lofting balls just over our infield.

0 comments: