I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

License to Preach School


When I became a certified ministry candidate, I was approved to attend License to Preach School. Until someone completes this, they are technically not a licensed pastor, but a supply pastor. I assumed that I would attend school after I was done as an RHD and would become a official licensed pastor after I was appointed.

Before I went on vacation, I met with the District Superintendent about the next step in the candidacy process, and through on conversations, I found out that I could attend license to preach school this summer. That would work out great, because I would be a licensed pastor before I would be placed for July 1, 2009. It will be less headaches for Christa and I when we move after we're both done in Oshkosh. It will mean more headaches this summer...it will be a busy July/August.

Regardless, it is exciting news to get that major hurdle done this summer. The picture today is from right outside the Circus World Museum. The museum is nestled on both sides of a river. It is a gorgeous view, as you can see. Thanks to Christa for capturing this great photograph.

0 comments: