I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer School

Although my summer staff have already moved into Webster Hall, we officially begin training this evening. I have been putting together materials for training throughout interim, but now is the final push. I think I'll have everything ready for staff by the time we have our grill out at 5:00 PM. Training will take place Thursday-Saturday. The summer program students move in this Sunday. From there,we go into a six week routine of Webster being open like a traditional residence hall, with desk hours duty coverage and the full complement of meetings :).

I am excited to get back into a routine of the hall being open. I don't mind the summer work so much and the staff that we have in Webster is top-notch. I did wish I had a bit more of a break in here somewhere. To go from summer school to license to preach school to training is going to make for a grueling summer.

Other News:
  • Desk carpeting and apartment tiling are done and we have our washer and dryer installed. We have the backed up laundry to prove it. We will be busy catching up in that department.
  • The Lakers grab a game in the best of seven with the Celtics in the NBA. Perhaps it will be a series after all.

0 comments: