I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Settling In...


Christa and I returned yesterday afternoon from a long weekend hanging out in the Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo area. We left Friday morning and got back Monday afternoon. During our stay, we visited a variety of places:
  • Circus World Museum
  • Lost Canyon
  • Pirates Cove Adventure Golf
  • Tommy Bartlett Robot World and Exploratory Museum
  • Knuckleheads
  • Paul Bunyan's Breakfast
  • Dells Mining Company
This is definitely not an inclusive list, but marks the highlights of some of the places that we went. For only being there for a long weekend, I felt like we got to quite a bit. The only rule was that we couldn't plan anything. We had to be spontaneous. For the most part, that worked ;).

We stayed at the Best Western Ambassdor Inn. We had a jacuzzi sweet (yay!) and that was very nice to have. Our accommodations were quite cheap so long as we attended a sales pitch for the Wyndham Hotel ownership. Ugh...that was not a pleasant experience. I will be writing about that more in a future entry. I also saw Iron Man, which I will review later this week as well. I will also a have some more pictures with each entry for the week as well.

My softball game last night shocked me back into normal life. We won the game! I don't quite remember the score, but we won by about three runs. I went 0-3, but had three solid connections that just went right to somebody. I didn't have to field too many balls, but the ones that I did field went well. We are now 2-2 and I hope we can avoid the slide that we suffered last year. Let's hope we can string a few more wins together.

0 comments: