I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Phone/PDA


I have had my Tungsten III PDA for quite some time now. If I remember correctly, I received it the summer before I started as a Residence Hall Director. So, it has given me five years of faithful service. The main drawback now is that I have charged it so many times, it has next to no battery life. In talking with Christa we agreed it was time to upgrade to a new PDA.

Still thinking in the old paradigm of PDA only, I did some research on Palm's website as well as a few other retail sites. I was noticing that there wasn't all that much variety. We also went to a few stores and a nice gentleman at the Appleton Office Max said that most stores and selling off PDAs because most people are going for the PDA/cell phone combo.

From there, I did some research and noticed that Blackberry's are expensive, especially when you figure in the data usage (internet access, E-Mail, etc.) It would add almost $30 per month to our plan for something I don't use. I just want the Palm features with a better battery life. So, I check Verizon's phones and found this. It is the Palm Centro.

I can keep my old plan and not pay anymore and I just blocked the internet stuff until I may choose to add it later. It runs Palm software and has a full keyboard. So far, I like it. It caused me to updated my numbers which it is obvious I have not updated in quite some time.

0 comments: