I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

License to Preach Reading Update

As of this morning, I have completed reading two books related to leadership and administrative structure in the United Methodist Church. I am now switching my focus on two books that relate to sermon preparation. I am trying to put 1-2 hours aside each night for reading. I don't think that's gonna be enough to cut it. Most of the books are smaller, but some of them are pretty big.

While having dinner with my dad yesterday, he mentioned that it must be difficult to take in all this information in such a short amount of time. He's probably right...I highly doubt how much I will retain in these five weeks of reading and paper-writing.

What I appreciate is that I find the material so interesting! It makes reading easier and more. I also feel like I am really learning things that will be useful to me in the future.

It does seem weird to do so much reading without class to go along with it. I look forward to supplementary lectures later, although it will come in one two-week rush!

0 comments: