I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

WB Softball Game #3

Ouch....our team was the recipient of a 23-8 whooping last night. It was hard to really find a lot of high points in the game. As the score would indicate we managed to chain a few hits together and got some runs. But, that's where it ended. Nothing on the defensive end went very well. Out pitcher was having trouble hitting the strike zone. There were lots of infield hits that were not covered. We under (or over)estimated catches in the outfield and our throws were off. In two innings, they had tagged us for 12 runs. If you could cut those two innings out, it would have looked a lot closer.

Second base continues to be good for me. It has helped me to read base runners and to know where the throw should go if I get the ball. Batting went great! I only had one at bat (don't ask) but I hit a nice single and was brought in on an inside the park home run the next at bat. Christa had some good cuts as well and feels better playing in the outfield. I just hope we get better, but because getting creamed each week is not that much fun.

0 comments: