I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Fasting

While I was at Licensing Schoo in Dubuque, I heard a few of the folks talk about how they incorporated fasting into their spiritual disciplines. They would fast until 3:00 PM. I thought that seemed reasonable to try some time.

Today was the second time I tried it. I first designated Thursday, but that's my long day for running. It's hard to run nine miles and then not eat until 3:00 PM. Fridays fit better into my overall schedule :).

It's about 1:15 right now...I should be able to make it until 3:00. It's amazing how much you think about eating or snacking during a day. I fended off many opportunities for chocolate...

0 comments: