I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Small Victory

Thanks to a strong performance from Phillip Rivers, I managed to eek out a victory in fantasy football this week. Even at 1-2 I am now again in the cellar of the league. Four of my players are on a bye this week, so it might get even uglier. At least I have gotten any thoughts of an winless season out of the way.

Other News:
  1. The Brewers start up against the Pirates tonight. This is a team that they could easily sweep. If the Mets continue to struggle against the Cubs, they might be back into it. I should be more excited about the Brewers still being in the hunt for the playoffs. What curbs my enthusiasm is the fact that even if they do make the playoffs, they will play the Cubs right away in the first round. Ouch!
  2. I am trying out the Group Fitness classes at the SRWC Center this afternoon. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey Jim-- gotta clarify the MLB playoff rules for ya... Generally speaking, you're right-- the wild card team has to face the team with the best record coming in; BUT, you can't face a team from your own division in the first round. That's what I thought would be so compelling if the Cubs and Brewers both getting into the playoffs (y'know, back when it looked like the Brewers had a prayer): how awesome would a Cubs-Brewers NLCS be??

Jim Droste said...

Who knew? That would be pretty sweet. Thanks for clarifying...shows you how much I know about baseball.